Wednesday 28 May 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Working From Home


Working from home (occasionally) works for me.

My current contract allows me to work from home occasionally, usually once per week.

There are many benefits to this:

  • I get to sleep a little longer as I don't have to shower, dress, do hair and make-up.
  • I get to wear comfy clothes (jammies) all day (and save wear and tear on business clothes).
  • I don't have an hour long commute.
  • I start work the minute the boys are out the door.
  • Since I start so early, I finish early too or put in extra hours (which I get paid for).
  • I can do little household things while I work, such as throwing in a load of laundry (I don't fold until I finish work)
  • I also, don't spend any money on coffee or lunch, so I actually save money.
I love being able to work from home!

For more great WFMW tips, check out Shannon's place.

3 comments:

mommanator said...

great for you, I don't think I could work from home, I am too easily distracted,plus being retired dont think about too often! Plus I do too mcuh work at home to put real work into the mess!

Melody said...

My hubby works at home frequently. I am envious of you both.

Waitress from Mensa said...

Kim, I enjoy your posts. You must be quite disciplined to be productive at home. During the last two years of my technical writing career, I worked exclusively from home for my fledgling consulting business. But I missed the camaraderie of the workplace, and I learned I needed the regimentation of a "regular" job. I still do some contract work on the side, but I have to set up my laptop somewhere other than home to get anything accomplished.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...