Friday 9 May 2008

Favorite Ingredients Friday - Easy Hamburger Stroganoff


This is one of my family's favorites.

Hamburger Stroganoff

1Lb lean ground beef
chopped onion - as much as your family likes
chopped garlic - again to your liking
2 tins cream of mushroom soup
4 oz cream cheese
2 pk beef bovril (or boullion cube)
splash of Worcestershire sauce
a tin of mushrooms or you can use fresh
1/2 c sour cream
Pasta - we like spaghettini (thin spaghetti)

1. Set a large pot of water on to boil.

2. Cook the beef, onions and garlic until no pink remains in the beef.

3. Drain the grease from the beef.

4. Add the soup, bovril, cream cheese, mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce.
This is the time to add salt and pepper or seasoning salt.

5. Heat over medium heat, the cream cheese will melt through - let it bubble a bit.

6. Turn down to a simmer and stir in sour cream. Once mixed turn off heat.

7. Cook the pasta to your liking.

8. Drain pasta.

9. Put pasta on plate and top with generous heaping of beefy sauce.

10. Enjoy!

For more great recipe ideas - click here!

2 comments:

mommanator said...

great recipe! maybe I will try my #1 daughter loves stroganoff

Unknown said...

We love hamburger stroganoff around here. I've never added cream cheese before. I bet it's a great addition. Thanks!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...