Thursday 22 May 2008

Bad bad Mirrors

I don’t think I like the bathroom at my new office.

It has far too many mirrors.

As I head out the door, I am faced with a mirror that reflects the mirror behind me.

I can see the back of me. I don’t like to see the back of me. I now know that not only am I fat, but so are my elbows.

Fat elbows! I mean that is just wrong!

I can see that the back of hair isn’t styled as nicely as the front.

I can see when I wear a bra that doesn’t fit and causes my back fat to be more noticeable.

Did I mention that I don’t like these mirrors? I really don’t.

Even the elevators here are completely mirrored.

In my head, I don’t look like what I do in the mirror.

Does that make any sense?

I am always a little surprised when I see myself in the mirror. There is always that split second where I wonder who that is. The person in my head is about 20 yrs younger and at least 50 pounds lighter.

I have decided to boycott mirrors.

I thought about just avoiding the bathroom, but being here for 8 hours and not peeing would not be a good idea. So instead I will just stop looking in the mirror, I will keep my head down in the elevator and while washing my hands and exiting the bathroom. People may think I am odd, but I won’t have to face that fat stranger in the mirror.

Ya so, I like being in denial J

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...