Friday 2 May 2008

Something I feel I have to mention (rantish:))

I was just on a young woman's blog. She is 16, Christian and black. Her entire blog was written about all that is wrong in the world. How the blacks are being misunderstood. How people are going against Christianity. How she finds blatant homosexuality disgusting. How she was bothered by....blah blah blah it want on and on and on!

I am not black, I can only assume the racism they have to put up with.

But she is 16! She comes across as a bitter old fishwife. I know there are plenty of things to complain about in this world. Don't get me started, because I probably could not stop. That is why I don't start.

It is not my job, nor her's to judge anyone. Whether Christian or not - it is not our job. I don't understand why people have not yet figured that out, that the only, the ONLY person you can change is yourself.

If there is something in the papers that bothers you - stop reading the paper. Complaining about it is unlikely to change anything.

I read through several posts on her blog, and no I will not post the blog here, I don't want her getting hate mail or anything - but I just found it so very very sad - that this girl at age 16 had nothing good to post about. Nothing in her life that was exciting or happy? She should be reveling in the wonder of life. While she seemed intelligent, she was also extremely biased.

Why can't we all just get along :) (I had to stick that in there) - why can't we accept other's differences and go on our own way.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Voicing your opinions on homosexuality, on feminism (or lack thereof), on what a pop star does or does not do, will never change things. If everyone spent as much time working on themselves as they do criticizing others, we may have a much happier world.

Time goes by so quickly, why waste precious moments being hateful to others that are unlike you?

Ok rant over - constructive criticism, as always, welcome - flaming not.

3 comments:

mommanator said...

Whether 16 or 96, I can't understand those folk who never have anything good to say. If they can write on a blog all these things- what do they do I life!
I think if you always talk/live so negatively thats what you get is more negativity!
There must be something that brings joy to her! Even if it's the saving knowledge of our savior!

Melody said...

I totally get what you are saying.

By the way - have a great first day back at work tomorrow!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I agree 100% that those that find fault with everyone and everything should turn that energy into a positive one. It's so sad, but those that are always negative and finding fault with everyone are probably so sad and unhappy inside themselves that they want to drag others in their misery.

Good Luck at work today !

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...