Thursday 8 May 2008

Thankful Thursday - Lots of Stuff!


Today I am thankful:

  • for my new job - it is challenging and I get to use my brain again :)
  • for Blogger for having this great feature where I can prewrite and schedule posts (no real time for blogging this week)
  • for my nephew and his willingness to pick me up at a ridiculous hour each morning to drive me to the train station
  • for my co-worker who offered to drive into and back from work (she lives near me)
  • for being away from my fridge so I can resist noshing 24/7 LOL
  • for my son (11yrs) maturing enough to handle the added responsibility of coming home after school (instead of going to daycare) by himself (Papa lives in the basement)
  • for having a Tim Horton's right in my office building - I have not yet adjusted to early mornings and REALLY need my coffee :)
  • for my friend offering to babysit my son this summer so I don't have to put him in camp
  • for my family's health and happiness
  • for waking up this morning in decent health and being able to even consider what I am grateful for.

Life is great!

To see what others are thankful for, go here.

9 comments:

Irene said...

Hi,
I enjoyed reading your post.I especially likes what you said about using your brain. I often feel like that: do not let it rust! It is so good to be healthy and be surrounded by friends!
Thank you for sharing.

Melanie said...

You've shared with us a beautiful list of blessings! Isn't God great?

Denise said...

Really nice thankful post.

Anonymous said...

Appreciate your post...loved reading it. Do you really have to go to work that early?

Kim said...

Sharon - My nephew picks me up at 6am, I get the GO bus (hwy bus) at 6:20am, it gets to its destination at 7:10am, I then take the local transit bus a 10 min ride to my office - so I start work around 7:30am. This is so I can do it all in reverse and have my husband pick me up at the train station at 5pm.

However.....my co-worker has offered to pick me up at my husband's office at 8am and get me to work for 9am - that means I have to leave later though, and she drives me most of the way then I get nephew to drive me the rest of the way -then I get home at 6:15pm ish.

Things would be simpler if I learned to drive or won the lottery :)

Nancie said...

Sweet thankful post! Must be exciting to see your son maturing. Thanks for sharing. God bless!

mommanator said...

thankful Thursday- humm what an idea! I bet you are thankful for those things every day!

Darlene said...

Great post. Congratulations on the job. Have a great week and Happy Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...