Tuesday 29 April 2008

Kitchen tip Tuesday - Yummy Fruit Salad


I like to make my own fruit salad but at this time of year, the fruit isn't always as sweet as I would like.

So I add honey and a touch of lemon juice.

Kim's fruit salad

Strawberries - sliced,
Blueberries,
grapes - halved,
pineapple - chunks (fresh not tinned)

This is just what I usually add - you can add any fruit you like really.

Once I wash and cut up all the fruit, I add a tbsp or two (depending on how much fruit you have) of honey and about a tsp of lemon juice (bottled is fine). Experiment to see how you like it.

Mix it up and enjoy. I usually make this fresh and eat it immediately so I can't say how it stores in the fridge.

For more great Kitchen tips - got to Tammy's Recipes.

2 comments:

Monica said...

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to summer salads and grilling!

mommanator said...

Great idea thanks!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...