Monday 28 April 2008

New Job and Catch Up Post

Woo Hoo I got the job I interviewed for on Friday with Western Union. It is a 3-month contract to start, with a good probability of going longer. I start Monday.

I have many things to wrap up before starting work. I have gotten used to all this extra time I have being home. I am definitely going to miss it. I will have to get up at 5am, leave by 5:50am and get home at 5:30pm each evening. I am sure it will take some getting used to, but it will sure be nice to have an income again :)

I have to take stock of my business clothes, hem, press or mend anything that needs it. I have to finish up the taxes, I submitted mine and hubby's today, still have sis and nephew's to do tomorrow.

I have to check the freezer and plan meals for next week as I am sure I won't want to cook much until I get back into the swing of things.

I also have some sewing/stitching/knitting projects that I need to finish up.

I went to my sister's bowling banquet Saturday night. We had a really nice time and did so much dancing that I am still a tad sore and stiff today. Too many muscles I haven't used over the winter.

I will have to prewrite a lot more posts so that I can keep up. I don't want to completely slack off because I am working again.

I have read a bit more of "New Earth" but I am still having a hard time with it - it is just too wordy to hold my attention for long. They recommend reading it in small chunks so that you digest it better, but I think it because that is all you can stand in one reading LOL

2 comments:

mommanator said...

Congrats on the job. I haven't worked for a year now since retired, but think I may have to put in some hours here and there for some special things. I am a nurse so getting a job is pretty much a forgane conclusion, esp since a really good friend in A Dir of Nursing! However I must first really get settled in Fla from NJ. Great luck in your new endeavor!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Congrats Kim on getting the job... I knew you would :-)

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...