Friday 18 April 2008

Favorite Ingredients Friday - Imitation Crab Dip


Of course you could use real crab in this dip as well - I just always have the imitation kind on hand in the freezer.

I made this recipe up so things are not exact - taste as you go along and change it up to suit your tastes.

  • Package of imitation crab (Pollock fish) - sometimes called Sea Legs, etc. - chopped fine w/some bigger chunks
  • 3 oz cream cheese - I nuke this for 30 secs to soften it
  • 1/2 c mayo - I use Miracle whip
  • 1-2 green onions - chopped fine
  • 3 T seafood/shrimp sauce
  • seasoning salt
  • chopped garlic or garlic powder to your liking
  • splash of worchestershire sauce

Mix this all up and chill for at least an hour to set flavors.
Don't be afraid to taste and add stuff (or leave anything out) to make it how you like it.
For instance - chopped salad shrimp would be nice, finely diced red onion, sour cream, maybe celery for crunch.

Experiment!

For more luscious recipes, pop over to Overwhelmed with Joy!

5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sounds good - we must have been on the same wavelength, mine's a Krab spread too.

Betsy said...

I love this dip!

Ms. Kathleen said...

This sounds wonderful. My hubby will love it. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I like the blend of ingredients you've included in this dip. Sounds delish!

Mississippi Songbird said...

I love crab dip. Thanks for sharing..Have a great weekend..

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...