Wednesday 23 April 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Scheduling Posts


Edited to add: You must be using the draft version of Blogger for this to work - avail here.

On a recent backwards Works for me Wednesday - I asked if anyone knew how to make posts automatically post at a specific time on Blogger. I came to find out, that that could not be done.

But wait! There is a new draft version of Blogger with new features and this is one of them!

I have been using this feature for a week or so now and love it. You write a post, and set the post date in the future and then click Publish.

It will be listed in your post list as Scheduled. When the specific time and date rolls around, your post is automatically posted! How cool is that?

I have been in the habit of writing posts ahead of time but always had to remember to go back and post them - now I don't.

Check it out! you can find it on your Blogger home page.

For more great Works for me Wednesday posts - go here!

6 comments:

Sister Honey Bunch/Judi maloney said...

Really? So it doesn't just post it with that date? It will just not show up until the date you listed? Interesting.

Kim said...

If you use the regular version of Blogger then, yes it will just post right away with the wrong date - but if you use the Draft version of Blogger (avail on the main page) then it will schedule it.

orneryswife said...

I saw that it was available, as well as some other cool features, but considering how many times the old blogger flaked, I'm a little afraid to try it until it is out of the beta stage. You haven't had any trouble?
TM

Kim said...

The first week it was up, the schedule post feature was a bit finicky - would work then wouldn't but that seems to be fixed now and everything else works fine.

I use this feature several times a week now.

Anonymous said...

This is good to know. I am pretty new to blogging and have been wondering if this is possible. I, too, like to write posts ahead of time, but I just wait unti the right time to publish. This would also be good for vacations.
Thanks! Lizzie

ttelroc said...

It is always good to know stuff like this -- I get inspired to write some days and write 5 or 6 posts and then don't want to just have them post all at once... Thanks for the tip!!

Have a Great Day!
Kristin

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...