Tuesday 22 April 2008

Kitchen tip Tuesday - Clean as you go


I had a hard time thinking of a tip today - I asked my husband for a kitchen tip to share - He said and I quote " Don't cook bacon while naked." I didn't ask if that was just speculation or if he had first hand knowledge LOL.

My tip today is to clean as you go - it makes perfect sense, but I am not always sensible :)

If I am cooking and I leave all the cleaning until the end - I usually just want to eat whatever was prepared and then relax - the last thing I want to do is wash dishes.

So now I try (try being the key word here :)) to clean as I go - I put ingredients away as soon as I have used them. I wash a dish as soon as I am done with it. There is always a spare minute here or there while waiting for something to saute or boil to wash a dish or two and it really doesn't seem like I am cleaning because I am still cooking - does that make sense?

And then at the end, there just isn't as much to clean up and life is so much easier!

For more Kitchen Tips - pop over to Tammy's place!

2 comments:

mommanator said...

Kim- I did as you said for my email.
Don't know about your tip for today- it's a good one, but I can't seem to do it. I always get so many interuptions while cooking.
I did love your hubby's thoguh I was Real have gone in to turn the bacon while getting dressed and thereby understand COMPLETELY!
O by the way thanks for a new post for me to read

Joan J said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Kim! I like your blog, love your Kitchen Tip! It's one of my FEW "good habits" -- I actually do cleanup as I cook. Now if I could just do that in the rest of the house! LOL

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...