Wednesday 30 April 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Nighttime Prep


I am sure many people do this but I know prepping as many things as possible the night before works for me.

  • I make my son's lunch.
  • I lay out his clothes for the next day.
  • I get the coffee maker set up (we do not have a programmable one).
  • I set my clothes out.
  • I have all my work stuff in my briefcase.
  • I even set my briefcase and purse by the front door.
  • I have my lunch made.
  • I take something out of the freezer for the next day's dinner.
  • I sometimes even set out bowls, spoons and cereal boxes for breakfast.

Every little thing I can do the night before saves me time in the morning so that I don't feel rushed. If I can sleep an extra 10 minutes, all the better.

This works for me - to see what works for others, check out Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Kim - I do almost exactly the same things the night before : get coffee maker ready, get carry-all bag ready with contents, take something out for supper, set out my son's place setting at the table for his breakfast (mother hen I am, I even put his vitamin next to the empty glass), prepare sandwich stuff (I make sandwiches in the morning, we don't like them made the night before). So ya, we're pretty much alike in this way.

Colored With Memories said...

This is so, so, so true! Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I just accidently found your posts when I typed kijji - I am tring to sell my desk top so I can buy a laptop. Anyhoooo, those 100 pounds - ok - so did you walk 10 min? Walk away from temptation? Have you tried hot yoga - it's amazing. Good luck.
Naz

mommanator said...

You are way too organized- if I did all that at night I wouldn't know what to do in the am. I am an early riser, dont think I ever in my life rushed around to get things done, even when the kids were young- isnt it funny how different folk are.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...