Wednesday 2 July 2008

Five Ingredients (or less) Recipes

Cream of Broccoli Soup without cream (my family calls this Frog Soup cuz that sounds more fun :))
  • Frozen broccoli - lrg bag - chopped small (I use my food processor)
  • Chicken stock - 4 cups
  • 1 onion - diced small
  • cream cheese - 3 tbsps
  • seasoning - salt & pepper or seasoning salt.
  1. Put broccoli, onion, seasoning and stock in pot.
  2. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer - simmer for an hour.
  3. Take off the heat.
  4. Using a hand blender - blend the soup until completely pureed (use a reg blender 2 cups at a time if you don't have a hand blender)
  5. Return to low heat.
  6. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted.
  7. Serve and enjoy.

Chili Dogs
  • Hotdogs
  • Buns
  • Tin of chili (can also use homemade if you have any)
  • Grated cheddar
  • Onion (optional - I hate raw onion)
  1. Cook hotdogs - boil or grill
  2. Heat chili
  3. Place dog in bun
  4. Top with chili and sprinkling of cheese (and onion if using)
Taco Mac & Cheese
  • Box of mac & cheese
  • Leftover taco meat
  • Grated cheddar
  1. Make mac & cheese as per directions on box
  2. Add heated taco meat
  3. Add handful grated cheese and stir
  4. Eat!
To see tons of 5 ingredient recipes - check out Life As Mom

8 comments:

Mom's Marbles said...

I am loving these recipes, especially the frog soup! My boys would love that!

Totallyscrappy said...

You have my attention anytime you use up leftovers in a new way. Thanks for a few great tips.

mommanator said...

the recipe forFrog soup sounds similiar to the summer squash I make. You add one potato and summer quash to the mix. You don't even have to peal the squash, just use food processor at the end when it's soft. Then add some light creaM, SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE! YUMMY CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SUMMER SQUASH

Barb said...

Found your blog through "Frenchy Addict". Quite interesting. I will certainly be back. I also live in the Durham Region area.

Love your broccoli soup, I make the same thing but never tried with cream cheese ... sounds yummy. And your mac and taco meat ... again I do something similar with PC white cheddar macaroni and left over spaghetti sauce - voila lasagna in a pan.

The Powell Family said...

Looks great! Thanks for visiting katymom last week-always nice to get ood comments! I started a linky on a carnival at katymom Fridays, come link up if you want to!
Lori
www.katymom.com

Neha said...

first time to ur blog,must say u have a very interesting blog n liked ur recipe very much.I did tried it out, do check n let me know how it came...

Neha said...

forgot so say, i had posted it in my blog n linked it back to u ... thanx...

jacob123 said...

Thanks for such wonderful and useful information. Its really helpful and full of insight. I like this specially because i have been trying my luck at being a working mom and i find it really interesting and skillful.
==============================
working mums

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...