Wednesday 16 July 2008

Works For Me Wednesday - Working Under Pressure


Working under pressure works for me.

I am the ultimate procrastinator. I put everything off as long as I possibly can.

I started working on a baby quilt for my niece about a month and a half ago - and then I didn't work on it anymore. Well the baby shower is this coming Sunday - I have to finish the quilt.

The top was finished but it wasn't until today that I finally sandwiched and pinned the quilt and began machine quilting it. I am about 90% complete the quilting and then I have to cut the binding strips and then bind it and it will be done.

Baby quilt - quilted in the ditch (cus my machine is crappy!)

Binding fabric - yet to be cut
I planned to make a couple burp cloths and bibs as well. I have two finished burp cloths but no bibs yet.

Two burp cloths.
Leaving things til the last possible moment may not be great for everyone, but it gets me seriously motivated and I get things done.

I will post pictures of the finished goods sometime soon - probably at the last minute :)

To see what works for others, go to Rocks in my Dryer.

6 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I love it so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to quilt... frankly, I can't even figure out how to thread a sewing machine.

:)

Brooke said...

i'm always impressed with anyone who can quilt. i had to do a 9X9 square for my "Appalachian Crafts" class in college and it was no cake walk. :) keep up the good work.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love the material, you are doing such a great job, can't wait to see the finished products.

Gill

Kim said...

Thx everyone - I will update with a finished product this weekend sometime - Sunday is the shower and My son's BD party is Sat so I am aiming to be done today or tomorrow. Yup I do like to procrastinate :)

Audra Krell said...

You are so talented Kim! Thanks for sharing your great pictures!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...