Thursday 10 July 2008

New crochet project

I started crocheting a baby afghan for one of the two babies due in my family in the next couple months. However, I have this really bad habit of losing or adding extra stitches when I knit or crochet, so what started out as a rectangle, ended up looking a lot like a triangle by the time I had 24 inches done. So I ripped it all out and started a shell pattern which is easier not to increase or decrease.

My friend had shown me how to do the shell pattern several years ago so I refreshed my memory with this (now posted above cuz I couldn't make it work here) Amazing what you can learn on Youtube!

So here is what I have done so far. Only a few inches - I have a long way to go yet to make a baby blanket :)

2 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

I love this pattern. I must try it sometimes. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love that pattern too, but I cannot crochet for the life of me, can't knit either.

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...