Sunday 1 February 2009

Common courtesy no longer exists

Why do I get stuck with dumbass neighbours?

On one side of us there are two dogs that bark from the moment they are put outside until hours later (ok it only feels like hours) when they are let back in.

Peanut will not do her business if they are out there barking at her, so now we have to open the back door to see if they are out before letting her out.

This happens as early as 7am and as late as 11:30pm.

Then on the other side of us is a the guy who made an ice rink in the backyard for his 2 boys. The ice rink right next to my bedroom window, which he shovels off at no earlier than 10pm every time it snows (which is often). Did I mention it is a huge rink? I get to listen to the scrapping of the shovel for at least 30 minutes before being able to go to sleep.

And then there was last night, when he decided it would be a good idea to snowblow the driveway at 11 friggin 20 pm!

I went out front, waved at him, and asked if he realized it was after 11. To which he replied, "oh is it that loud?" I said yes, and that my son's window is on the front of the house where you can really hear it. He said he was sorry. I said thanks and went back inside.

What makes a person think it is ok to do that stuff so late at night? Just because he is awake doesn't meant he neighbourhood should be too.

DH says I shouldn't have said anything. I wasn't rude to him so I don't think it will be a problem.

What do you think? Would you have said something to him?

1 comment:

Melody said...

You were nicer than I would have been. My reaction surely have included a few gestures of the hand and references to the lack of brains he obviously possesses (that is a lot of s's).

But that's just me...:0)

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...