Thursday 26 February 2009

Latest baby Quilt Progress

I started working on the latest baby quilt yesterday. I already had two blocks (one shown below) from a previous quilt complete, so I designed this quilt around them.

I have mentioned before that I don't like to follow rules. I created this quilt and so it doesn't have any instructions.


As you can see from these 3 pieces, I don't necessarily take the easiest route.
This quilt was quite fiddly. The heart is my first attempt at machine applique - that is not as easy as it looks either.

Here it is with two of the pieces joined and some of the background fabric attached.And here it is almost complete. I still have to add red triangles to the center top & bottom and the four corners. Then I have to add a border.
Now I just have to finish the top, sandwich it, quilt it, and add a binding...all before the shower April 5th. Hey at least this time I didn't wait until the last minute!

P.S. I am going to check out that Husqvarna sewing machine this morning at 10am. I hope it works well. If it does, I will buy it and on Friday go buy the free motion quilt foot I need for it and get started free motion quilting! Woo Hoo

Ya little things excite me :)

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...