Friday 27 February 2009

My new sewing machine

So I went and test drove the Husqvarna sewing machine yesterday morning. The lady showed me all its features and how it worked.

Which is great! It has so many different attachments that come with it too. I was anticipating having to buy a darning or free motion foot (a $30 value) , but it came with a darning foot, so I don't have to. I love the size of the table that comes with it too.


All the extras - button holer, stitch cams, feet, bobbins etc..

I brought it home and got right to work. Easy to thread and bobbin winding is much easier than my current machine.

So on to free motion quilting. I have determined that the peddle has to be pressed all the way down, to get maximum speed, but my hands have to move at a much slower pace to keep the stitches small.

Attempt 1

You can even see from my first attempt to my 2nd, that I have improved. I will continue to practice until I feel confident enough to work on an actual quilt.

Attempt 2

Fun, fun, fun :)...ya I'm nuts

Oh and while out, I stopped by Walmart to get more wool for my stripped afghan and also picked up these fat quarters to make more napkins - we are still using our Christmas ones.

2 comments:

mub said...

You got a great deal on that machine it looks like! I love my Husqvarna's from that era =)

David said...

Hi,
I bought a 2000 SL for my daughter, but alas there is no manual. Did you get a manual? Would you be willing to make a copy of it or scan it for us if you did?

thanks
david@redroadsliving.com

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...