Tuesday 3 February 2009

Changed my mind again :)

So I told you I had decided to stop going to the Weight watcher's meetings and just follow the plan online. Well since I activated my 2 week free trial of the online plan, I have come to realize that you really aren't getting much for your money.

All you get over the free member is the online point tracker. All the boards are open to the public, and therefore you cannot discuss the program or point values in great detail because you will be disclosing copyrighted info for free. There should be a member only board where paying members can talk freely, but there isn't.


So...

I have decided to just use SparksPeople.com. It is a completely free site. I can track my food and exercise daily (only in calories not points), I have access to all message boards and there are tons of useful articles as well as user blogs.

I have been doing ok eating properly on my own. I am down 2lbs today for a grand total of 10lbs lost!

SparksPeople even has several Weight Watcher themed message boards, so I can continue on with that plan if I want to.

It's a great site - check it out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that you don't get much for the extra cost.

I use www.calorieking.com and I love it!

I've heard good things about sparkspeople too though!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

WOW 10lbs Kim, you should really notice especially with your clothing (the way it fits). Keep it up but remember - slowly. I lost 30lbs and I did it just by eating healthier and exercising... no more fad diets for me.

Kim said...

biz319 - calorieking is a pay site isn't it?

Vickie - Thx but I haven't noticed at all, but I have A LOT of weight to lose, so probably won't for some time. I plan to stick to it though :)

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...