Tuesday 24 February 2009

Laptop bag finished

I got my sewing machine back early. DH picked it up at noon yesterday and brought it home after work. I got started right away on finishing the laptop bag for my sister. It is so nice when a sewing machine runs smoothly.



All done! 2 months late but still done.



I have never done a project like this one before and I am not sure I want to do one again anytime soon. It was not difficult but was finicky at parts.


Tomorrow I will start on the baby quilt.

I am about 80% sure right now that I will be buying that Husqvarna sewing machine. Actually my sister plans to buy it for me as my next birthday and Christmas present (she claims she never knows what to get me).

She just wants me to learn how to do free motion quilting so I can finally quilt her quilt, she's only been waiting about a year for it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful job! You should be so proud of yourself.

My daughter is the sewer in our family - but her machine is broken too, we keep forgetting to take it in! I am also thinking I may trade it in for a better one too - not sure if they'll do that though!

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Very well done Kim. I love the laptop bag.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...