Monday 26 January 2009

Getting my groove back

I have been feeling really sluggish lately. Just the cold winter weather probably. But today I feel like I am getting some energy back.

As I haven't worked in several months and the economy sucks at the moment, I am once again jumping on the frugal bandwagon with a vengeance.

I have been planning to do a freezer inventory for months now - I finally got around to it this morning. I still have to put everything into a spread sheet so I can track it as I use stuff, but at first glance, I have about 28 meals worth of meat.

I haven't yet done the pantry, so there will be a few more meatless meals there (although not many as DH is a big meat eater).

So for the next 3-4 weeks, I will try to only buy milk and produce and use up what we have on hand. Once we use up the store bought loaf we have, I want to start making my own bread again too.

I am making Pioneer Woman's Chicken Spaghetti for dinner tonight, I have the chicken simmering away now. I will modify it slightly - no green peppers or pimento as only DH likes them, I will cook the onions before adding and I have some Swiss Chalet (roast chicken) sauce in the freezer that I will add.

This isn't exactly on my Weight watcher's program but I am really in the mood for some comfort food and this definitely fits the bill. I'll just watch my portion size and other stuff I eat through out the day to compensate.

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...