Tuesday 11 March 2008

Catch up post

March break started for my son on Friday. My DH took Friday and Monday off so we all had a nice long weekend. Most of it was spent indoors due to the storm that started Friday afternoon and lasted until Saturday evening and left us with about 25 cm of snow. Good thing DH has a snowblower :)

We went to see Alvin & the Chipmunks yesterday - it was cute. We had planned to see 10,000 BC, but it got horrible reviews. Oh well - we'll catch it when it comes to DVD.

Have been working on my new quilt - I have 9 of the 12 blocks complete. I will have to get out sometime this week to look for a background fabric. I still need a border fabric for the argyle quilt too.

I met a new friend today. I joined a tote swap on Down to Earth, that is where we each sew tote an d swap them with a partner. Well I just met Vickie via email - she is my swap partner. I will post her very interesting blog once I ask her permission :)

Update: I now have her permission - check out Frenchy Addict.
Frenchy is a thrift store in Vickie's area. Very cool blog - she has got me wanting to bake bread, garden and treasure hunt more in thrift stores :)

Ta ta for now

1 comment:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Kim - you go right ahead and post my blog. I hope to meet more friends like I have in you.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...