Friday 7 March 2008

Frugal Fridays - Thrift stores


I LOVE thrift stores!

I mostly buy fabric at thrift stores. I find brand new fabric. I have gotten some really good deals.

Check out my finds here, here, here and here!

This quilt is made completely from fabric I got at value Village. Total cost of fabric is approx. $13.

When my son was younger I was able to get him clothing in good condition - but now that he is older, not so much.

My sister buys most of her wardrobe at thrift stores. She often finds item with tags still attached for only a few dollars. She is able to update her wardrobe each fall and spring due to the savings.

Even if we don't find a good deal at a thrift store, we always have fun checking out all the stuff and saying "wow didn't Mom have one of those?" or "I remember that!"

It's also a great place to buy books.

So if you haven't recently, go check out your local thrift store! :)

For more frugal ideas, go to Biblical Womanhood.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the thrift store, just yesterday I made a purse from a skirt I purchased at the thrift store...
Thanks for sharing

Niki Jolene said...

I love thrift stores too! We buy books and toys at ours.

Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

I haven't been in a thrift store in years. I really need to check it out. I like your quilt that you made from your finds too. Very resourceful!

Anonymous said...

I also love the thrift store. It's so much fun - a treasure hunt! I get great clothes and many lovely things for my home there. I've gotten some fabric there to attempt quilting but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

Save a mint! Go used! I give some advantages of shopping at consignment shops, thrift stores, antique shops, and more at peoplepowergranny.blogspot.com. And while in my neighborhood, vote in my poll on what you like to buy used.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...