Wednesday 16 January 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Sewer's tip

My tip this week is for people who sew - I can't remember where I first heard to do this but it definitely Works For Me!

You know when you sew and then cut all the stray little bits of thread off and they just attach themselves to your clothes or you try to be neat and make a lil pile but before you know it they are all over you and the floor again?! (Not just me is it?)

Ok so what I have been doing is to tape a small bag, grocery, Ziploc, whatever is available, to the front of your sewing table - I put mine to the right as I am right-handed and it is easier for me - I tend to hold my work to the right, I snip off the threads and brush them into the bag.

Sew much neater! Get it? Ha ok bad joke :)

When the bag is full and sagging (like mine is now) just pull it off and tape on another.

For more great tips - head over to Rocks in My Dryer!

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

I really need to do this! You should hear my husband grumble when he's vaccuuming and long threads get caught up in the rollers!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

My home-ec teacher in high school had us do this! It's a great tip!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Come again soon!

Abbi said...

That is a great idea! I have done something like that before for scrapbooking (where it works very well too) but I hadn't thought of doing it for sewing.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...