Wednesday 30 January 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Prewriting posts

Oh no it is Wednesday again and I don't have a good idea for a post!

This ever happen to you?

And I can never for the life of me, think of a useful tip when I need one.

During the week when I am doing other things I think of stuff and say (in my head - not outloud:)) "That would make a great Works for me Wednesday tip" but then I finish the dishes or the laundry or whatever task I am doing, and completely forget about my great tip.

So now what I have been doing - when I think of a good idea for a post - any post - I write it down in a little notebook I have next to my laptop. Later when I have time, I write up a post on my idea but then I don't post it - I just save it as a draft (as I am doing with this one - written a week before I need it).

When Wednesday comes around or any day that I have need for a post and have no solid ideas. I grab one of my draft posts and click Publish (don't forget to change the date on it!)

And Viola! I have a post - this really helps with trying to post daily - sometimes you just don't have time to write something or anything to write about.

I have only a few draft posts in reserves right now but hope to get a few more socked away for busy days.

Anyway, this really Works for Me! Check out Rocks in my dryer for more great ideas!

9 comments:

Amy said...

I've never quite figured out how to get the date changed on a draft post- mine always show up on my blog with the date that I originally wrote them. I'm apparently missing something here... I guess I'll have to go try again.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

You know, I think about doing this all the time and never do .... thanks for the reminder. It would make my mornings so much better! ;)

~melody~

tootie said...

I need to start doing this. Sometimes I keep a list of ideas, but pre-writing would be even better. Thanks for the tip!

Mrs. Hughes said...

This is a great idea! I have saved the drafts before but haven't kept the idea notebook. I'll have to do that because I'm like you---I think of things on the run and then soon forget! Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

This happens to me all the time. I tell myself to write the tip down, ten I don't I have written a few recipe drafts days in advance but what usually happens is I forget they are there and write from scratch anyways. lol

Thanx for stopping by today.

Lylah Ledner said...

great idea to capture all those creative thoughts.

blessings...lylah

Memarie Lane said...

I also keep a word document where I keep track of all the one-time carnivals and such I want to participate in. I usually write my posts about two days in advance. When the time comes to post, I can proof-read and edit it more effectively, and also add things I may have thought of in the meantime.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of doing the same thing. Kudos to you for actually doing it!

CC said...

I save as drafts. I don't usually have a notebook with me but I'm at the computer all the time :)

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...