Friday 4 January 2008

2008 goals

Man doncha just hate this time of year? It is a great time to wipe the slate clean and plan your goals for the coming year - but then if they are the same goals as last year - well that can be a downer.

Doesn't matter - I'm going to make my goals anyway.

In no particular order.

Lose weight - ya ya I know - this one has been on the list for several years running now - but with the latest development of a gallbladder attack (or at least that is what we think it was - will know more after U/S and CT), I really need to get working on this one seriously.

Get a job - or win the lottery, that is always a possibility. Funds are beginning to run low and I had expected to be back to work by now. Submitted to a few jobs this morning.

Get debt down - really only a Visa and the mortgage but still - need to get as much as possible paid to both.

Keep regular expenses down - utilities, food costs etc...got the electric bill for the past 3 months - wasn't quite as bad as I expected ($340 for 3 mths) but it could be better (if FIL turned off lights!) and when I get back to work it will be even lower.

Spend more time on my many craft/sewing/art projects and actually finish some of them. I have been doing better at this actually.

Spend more quality time with K & J - we need to plan more family activities - we spend too much time on our own PCs or doing our own things that we don't talk too much - need to think on this one more.

Cooking from scratch and cooking ahead - both tie into the weight loss and food budget too. I am home now - it is the time to get things int he freezer for those busy nights when I don't feel like doing anything but order pizza.

I think that is good enough for now - I am sure there are several other areas I could improve on - but I think keeping things simple will make them more attainable.

What are your goals for the new year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh...good luck with your goals. They look awfully similar to mine. Lose weight, save money, spend more quality time with DH...yep...I'm right with you on these!

Jean

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...