Wednesday 23 January 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Making tea by the pot

I am not a big coffee drinker - usually only one in the morning.

I do however, like to drink tea during the day - helps me stay warm.

I make both regular tea and green tea. I used to just make a cup of tea when I wanted one but found I often wanted a second cup and would have to repeat the process. And even though the tea bags are rated as two-cup bags, the 2nd cup never comes out strong enough for me.

I do have a large tea pot, so I started making a pot of tea at a time. Two tea bags per pot (when I make green tea I use 2 green tea bags and one raspberry tea bag).

If it is there I tend to drink more of it - a good thing when I am trying to get 3 cups of green tea in a day and if I happen to have leftover tea?

I just pour it into a container in the fridge and drink it cold the next day. Never any waste.

Works for me - for more great tips - head over to Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great tip! I'll have to try it.

As for the arguing... Nope, my 7 year old is starting to get a little sassy and it's making me nuts!

Beth said...

My husband makes a big pot of tea in the morning, fills his travel mug with it and leaves the rest for me. I warm it up in the microwave when I'm ready to drink it. This probably wouldn't work for a tea purist. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey great tip! Hubby will probably drink the tea too.

Saw your comment on Brandie (make the arguing STOP) and thought I would give you my tip for teens not arguing with parents. We have had big issues with arguing in our house. Hope it helps.

http://stepmomster.wordpress.com/2008/01/16/stand-on-the-wall/

Mamacita said...

Hmmm.I will definitely have to try this. I have tried green tea before and I just didn't like the taste of it. I never thought to add raspberry(which I really like) to it. Thanks for the idea!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...