Friday 18 January 2008

Favorite Ingredient Friday - Hummus


I can't claim this as my own - I got it from my online friend Jean at the Frugal Foyer.

I love this stuff - I could eat it all day! I usually eat it with celery - my DH likes it with crackers.

Fat Free Hummus
  • 3 c. cooked garbanzoa (chickpeas - I use one lg tin - rinsed)
  • 3 cl. garlic or more
  • 6 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. cayeene
  • 3 tsp. cumin
Blend it all together in food processor or blender. Add water/bean liquid as needed to make right consistency. Like a dip. Adjust seasonings to taste. If you want you can add some tahini or sesame oil (I never have).

For more Favorite Ingredients - pop over to Overwhelmed With Joy!

5 comments:

Betsy said...

I love hummus! Thanks for the recipe.

Lorie said...

I've heard of hummus, but I have never tried it. Maybe I should. thanks for sharing!

Ms. Kathleen said...

I love hummas as well and like it also with crackers, especially fat-free wheat thins. I have never made it though. Thanks and have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kim,
Your recipe lacks the second most ingredient in hummus: sesame tahini. You will not believe the difference if you make hummus properly (which most people don't).
You are very much invited to our blog: The Hummus Blog (guess what it's about...) at hummus101.com.

Unknown said...

I love hummus, too. Thanks!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...