Wednesday 31 March 2010

Heinz 57

Have you seen that new TV show "Who do you think you are?"

It is all about family histories and is really cool to watch.

Well it got me interested and I have been researching my family history for the past week or so.
I joined Ancestory.ca for 3 months to gather some info and found records of my Father's parents marriage, his father's registry for the army (WWI), and his father's family listed in the 1911 census.

I also found out that my Father's father's parents (you get that? great grandparents on Dad's side) were from Scotland.

My Dad's mother's father was from England. I also for copies of her family listed in the 1901 & 1911 census records.

After hunting down an uncle (my Mother's brother) that lives locally but whom I haven't spoken to in years, I had a nice long chat with him and gathered tons of info.

His father, my grandfather on my Mom's side was an orphan, was in both world wars and was later a police officer for 20 yrs. The town he was born in in Quebec was mainly Irish immigrants, so he could have possibly been Irish.

My uncle's Mother's (my grandmother on Mom's side) parents came from Texas.

So, so far I have Scotish, English, Canadian, American and maybe Irish blood in me :)

I still have lots of hunting to do, I don;t yet have names for my Texan relatives and so much else. But it is really fun finding all this stuff out :)

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...