Monday 22 March 2010

Day 1 on the Beach

So I finally started the South Beach Diet today. Last week was March break and there was just too many outtings and eating out to be restrictive.

Today I had:

Breakfast: 1 egg & 2 egg whites fried in cooking spray.

Did groceries after breakfast or would have had a tomato and some Canadian bacon as well.

Lunch: 1 oz pc of havarti cheese (full fat), 1/2 a large English cucumber with homemade fat free hummus (about 1/2 Cup).

Pot of mixed tea (reg tea, green tea & berry blend tea) with stevia and 1/4 cup 1% milk.

Had a bad headache - took a 40 min nap.

Burst of energy - washed all the dishes in record time.

Dinner: 1 dozen med-small shrimp, pan-fried in EVOO with green onions & 2 cups roasted cauliflower, garlic, mushroom & asparagus.

Snack: Cheese chips (microwaved cheese until crisp) just 3 though because I don't have lowfat cheese. 1oz spicy roasted chickpeas (store bought)

Didn't get my 4 cups of veggies in or my 2 cups of dairy (but I never do-don't much like dairy). Low on the water intake too.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

Kim, I don't have a scanner, sorry :0( I got the magazine at Chapters, if that's any help?

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...