Wednesday 13 January 2010

Works For Me Wednesday - Breakfast Burritos in Bulk


I enjoy having breakfast burritos for breakfast. They usually just contain egg, ham bacon, green onion, a bit of cheese all wrapped up in a tortilla. You can pretty much add whatever you like or have in the fridge.

I have been making them for the past few mornings for breakfast when I had an "A HA" moment. I was doing this same thing each and every morning.

So yesterday, I sauteed 2 sliced green onions with 4 slices of ham bacon in butter spray.

I also whipped up 5 eggs, a bit of water and seasoning salt in a bowl.

Once the onions and ham were cooked a bit, I mixed them with the eggs and poured it into a loaf pan I had sprayed with butter spray.

I popped it in the oven and baked for about 50 minutes.

When it came out, I cut it into 4 pcs and let it cool.

I sliced a few ounces of cheddar VERY thinly.

I layed out a tortilla, added a bit of the cheese, a cooled egg rectangle, then wrapped it up and then wrapped it in a paper towel.

I made 4 of these and placed them into 2 medium ziplock bags. One went into the freezer and one in the fridge.

So this morning, all I had to do was take one out of the bag in the fridge and nuke it for 2 minutes and breakfast was ready!

These are great when I am working, I grab one and heat it up once I get to work. You could even make more by using an 8x8 or 9x13 pan. They freeze well.

This works for me! For more great ideas, go to We are that family.

5 comments:

Nutmeg said...

We did something similar to this last year when I was pregnant around the holidays and just wanted a quick and simple bkfst!

Leslie said...

Kim - thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the great tip on cooking ground beef and also ending up with beef broth. I love that tip and am going to try it the next time I buy ground beef! I knew joining WFMW would help me out!

Leslie said...

p.s. I forgot to say I love the eggs cooked in the pan idea. I've made and frozen breakfast burritos before but I usually just scramble up a dozen or more. Your way seems faster.

Candi said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing it and for stopping by.

Kathy said...

I have been wanting this done but didnt know how to do it!! SOOO SMART!!!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...