Thursday 28 January 2010

The Creation of the Mitten Scarf

About a week before Christmas my sister D picked me up for work one morning, she had forgotten her mittens and was using the ends of her scarf to hold the steering wheel - she said she needed mittens attached to her scarf so she would always have them with her.

After viewing a few YouTube videos on crocheting mittens and several times ripping out what I had completed, I managed to make 2 mittens of relatively the same size and then crocheted a scarf and attached it to the cuffs of each mitten. I gave her the mitten scarf on Boxing day - it was a big hit.

I am currently working on my 2nd set for a friend. Maybe one day I'll even write down the pattern :)



She didn't want her face in the photos :)

1 comment:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Awesome job. Hopefully you'll post the instructions. You are on to something here :-)

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...