Monday 11 January 2010

Jobs that need doing

Stealing an idea from Gil at That British Woman, I am creating a list of jobs that need to be done this year.

1. Replace the two broken ceramic tiles in eat-in kitchen.
These were broken when we moved in - DH has taken out the old tiles, removed the grout that the idiots installed the tiles with instead of tile adhesive but has yet to add adhesive and new tiles - there are just two open spaces in my tile floor, pretty much smack dab in the middle too - we have lived in this house for over 2 years!

2. Hang the 2nd curtain rod and drapes in our master bedroom.
We have two windows in there. There were ugly venetian blinds when we moved in. DH put up a wooden curtain rod and two panel drapes on the window closest the bed and has never gotten around to doing the 2nd window. Drapes are still in the packages on his dresser and rod it next to it -again for the past 2 years!

3. Fix laundry room water overflow thingy.
When we had the house inspected before we bought it, the inspector mentioned the overflow water thingy in the laundry room was hooked up to the hot water instead of the cold. So hot water is litterally running down the drain. It is very loud - I think it is turned up too much and letting too much water out - I don't know how this thing is supposed to work, I'm not a plumber - but I think we probably could have paid for one with the money we are running down the drain in hot water for the past two years! (See a theme here yet?)

4. Heat register covers installed in basement apartment.
DH was to install these once the basement was renovated for his father (2 yrs ago). This just hasn't been done yet. Without these registers, we have no way of controlling the amount of heat going into the basement. It is often very warm down there when it is freezing upstairs and vise verse with the AC.

5. Air intake cover to be installed in basement apartment.
Again something that just hasn't been gotten to yet. We actually need this intake return closed completely since it is near father in law's kitchen. While sitting in my office on the 2nd floor of my house, I can smell whatever father in law is cooking even with him using a powerful range hood exhaust fan. He cooks green peppers and fish WAY too often.

As you can see these are all jobs the hubby must do - I just need to nag him enough to get them down THIS year.

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

my dh would be so happy if his list were only that long....LOL

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...