Wednesday 13 February 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Great foundation!

So in case you don't know a lot about me - I turned 40 this summer and I have rosesca, which is a skin condition. Anyhoo.....

The reason for this post is that I have a really hard time finding makeup that a) doesn't cause flareups, b) actually covers the flareups I already have, and c) doesn't cost an arm and a leg to purchase.

So when I find one that fits the bill, I like to tell others about it - I love Ultra Smooth Foundation by The Body Shop - it is almost mousse-like in consistency and really does provide a nice medium coverage without feeling heavy. It a liquid-to-powder foundation - it has a matte finish (if you have dry skin like I do, you need a decent amount of moisturizer on first so that you don't look chalky).

It only takes a little - like a dime-sized amount and I use my fingers to smooth it on - it is very soft and not at all greasy.

In Canada it cost about $21 - but one word of warning to anyone who does buy some - its' packaging isn't the greatest - the container is not very squeezable - when you think you can get no more out of it - cut it open and you will be amazed to see the amount still in the tube - at least another dozen applications - imagine if I had just thrown that out?

So anyway, even with the less than great packaging, I do recommend this product - I mostly use it in the summer when I want lightweight coverage - I use a bit heavier product in the winter.

It Works For Me!

For more great tips check out Don't Try This At Home (Normally, Works for me Wednesdays are hosted by Rocks in My Dryer, but Shannon is on a very important trip to Africa this week!).

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Thank you for sharing this! I have rosacea, too, and have gone through several products, not being happy with any of them. I'll give this a try!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...