Friday 22 February 2008

Frugal Friday - Cheap Dinners

Now we don't do this too often but I think cheap and not-all-that-healthy meals are ok once in awhile.

For instance - I wasn't feeling well this morning, slept in and then forgot to get something out of the freezer for dinner. Oh no what will we have?

Well you know what? Some times we really like to have cereal for dinner, or eggs and toast, or soup & grilled cheese. Some times we each have something different too.

Tonight we are going to have chili dogs - hot dogs, tin chili, grated cheese and a bun. Definitely not the healthiest of meals but it does in a pinch and it also feels like a treat as we don't eat hot dogs all that often.

It is all stuff we have on hand and it is quick and easy.

For more great frugal ideas, pop over to Biblical Womanhood.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a great idea!! I was pondering what to have for supper tonight as my daughter has a volleyball game which messes up the supper hour. I have leftover homemade chili in the freezer and hot dogs and buns. So easy to fix when we get home. Thank you so much for the idea!!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...