Wednesday 1 September 2010

Ultimate Recipe Swap - Cooking for a crowd



Whenever we attend a potluck or host a BBQ, there are a couple recipes I always turn to, both for ease of preparation and for the amount they make.

Unfortunetly, I don't write down my recipes and just kind of wing it each time - so if you decide to make these, be adventurous, change them up a bit and make them your own!

Sweet & Sour BBQ Meatballs


Meatballs
couple lbs lean ground beef
finely diced onion
1-2 eggs
bread crumbs
garlic powder
seasoning salt
pepper
any other spices you may like
milk to moisten if needed

Mix the meatball mixture and then form small ping pong ball sized meatballs.
Cook in oven on broiler pan to allow grease to drain off.

Sauce
bottle of favourite BBQ sauce
same amount of ketchup
chopped garlic
thinnly sliced onions
couple tbsps of mustard
chili powder
onion powder
seasoning salt
couple tbsp brown sugar
hot sauce

Mix all together.  Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.

Put cooked meatballs into large roasting pan, pour sauce over top and cook in oven at 350 for 45 mins.



Greek Pasta Salad


Cooked & chilled pasta  - I usually use spiral or penne pasta
sliced green olives
diced green onion
chopped tomato - I use cherry tomatoes cut into 1/4s

crumbled feta cheese
diced english cucumber
chili powder
seasoning salt
pepper
creamy greek salad dressing


I hardly ever have leftovers of either - but if I do, they are both great the next day (and the next :))

For more great recipes, pop over to Life as Mom.



This post is also part of the Tasty Traditions blog carnival at Coupon Cookin' 

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm so excited to try something new and different. Please join me today for Tasty Traditions, a recipe meme. Have a great day!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Both your recipes sound lovely - and I really like the sound of the sauce on those meatballs. It sounds delicious!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...