Friday 16 October 2009

Weekly update

Ya I am bad - I should be writing more, I know.

This new contract (extension) is taking as long as the last one to get started.
I started the contract Oct 5th, but my 1st meeting to get it started will be at 11am today. So I have basically just been sitting around doing nothing...again.

Tomorrow is Applefest in our little city. All things Apple. We will be going to buy some local apples, some fresh apple fritters as well as check out all the vendors etc... They usually have some booths with handmade craft items too.

It has turned very cold here in the last week. I realized I do not have a decent fall coat. Just Spring and winter coats. So on one of my many idle afternoons, I shopped online and ordered a wool fall coat, a pair of low heeled boots and a bathrobe for J for Christmas. I am hoping it all is delivered tomorrow so that I have a warm coat to wear to Applefest.

J's indoor soccer season starts this Sunday. His 1st game is at 6pm. I guess that is better than 8am. He is a little disappointed at his team sponsor because his shirt will say "Darlington Ladies Soccer Club" I think it is funny - I told him the shirt will probably be pink too :)

While J was sick last weekend he commandeered my newly finished striped blanket. (I need to post a photo of that soon). I did it all in single crochet so it is very tight and warm. He agreed to return it to me if I make him one, so yesterday I picked up 12 balls of the same style wool but in 3 shades of brown (will go better with my furniture) and started his blanket last night. I have about 2 inches complete. I have to crochet fast so that I can have my blanket back :)

Have a lovely weekend everyone - stay warm :)

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...