Friday 30 October 2009

Chicken Breast overload

Ok so a couple weeks ago there was a fantastic sale on boneless skinless chicken breasts and I bought a TON.

So now I am bored with chicken breasts. We usually just grill them, saute them or add them to curry or alfredo.

I seriously need some great ideas what to do with these things. Any suggestions are welcome.

Any one try making their own ground chicken in a food processor? Think that would work? I am thinking maybe chicken burgers or chicken meatballs that way.

1 comment:

Waitress from Mensa said...

For the chicken breasts, have you tried hunter chicken? I make it either in the slow cooker or oven. Many variations, but I use
two chicken breasts (sliced)
a cup or a bit more thinly sliced peppers and onions
garlic
mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup raisins
large can stewed tomatoes (broken up)
black pepper
a very generous glug or three of dry white wine.

In the slow cooker, cut down a bit on the liquid. In the 350-Fahrenheit oven, cover the baking pan with foil, bake for 1.25 hours, then remove the foil and cook for 15 to 30 more minutes.
Serve over rice. Enjoy.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...