Sunday 4 October 2009

Sleepy Sunday

Yesterday my sister & I spent the day shopping.

We hit Value Village first and I found nothing! All the prices are going up too - nuts!

Then we went to Fabricland where I got fabric for my Bright Hope quilt (still haven't made the last 8 blocks). I got turquoise for the sashing, golden yellow for the border and black for the binding. I haven't yet decided what I will do for the back - I'll go back for that later.

I'm also not sure whether I want to do 4 x 4 blocks or 3 x 5 (and have one left over) - square quilt or rectangle? This will just be used as a throw quilt.

After that was a quick stop to get my unruly brows waxed. The Asian girl doing them could barely speak English but managed to say "you no do for long long time" yup long LONG time :)

Next we stopped by a friend's for coffee & a chat.

Then on to Penningtons where I bought a pair of pants, a pair yoga pants, and 4 tops.

Next was grocery shopping and finally home.

We had seafood lasagna (frozen) and garlic bread for dinner.

At 8pm we headed back out all dolled up to a dance.

I haven't danced in a long time. I found and used muscles I didn't know I had and I must have sweat off at least a pound. We had a good time and left there at midnight.

This morning I slept in a bit then managed to get my stiff body downstairs to make breakfast for everyone.

Dear sis left and now I am tackling laundry and cooking some taco lentils & brown rice (I use beef broth) for my lunches this week.

So I have managed to do a few things off my To D0 list.

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...