Tuesday 27 October 2009

Weekly Update

I know I haven't been around much and I apologize. I have just been slackin off - not super busy or anything.

J has decided to go out as a zombie again this Halloween due to lack of imagination :D We bought 4 pumpkins for the front steps but have yet to carve any of them - I have to get to that so that I don't have all of them to do on Saturday at the last minute. I am thinking I may just cook one up for pumpkin puree for the freezer and carve the other 3. I am looking forward to making roasted pumpkins seeds. I LOVE pumpkin seeds.

I am going to be a great-aunt yet again! My oldest nephew and his wife are expecting their first child. I guess I have to start planning another baby quilt. I don't know if I will make it out of the flannel that I used for all the others (not enough left, would have to buy more) or use the fabric my mother in-law recently gave me, it is cotton in all primary colours and a huge chunk of a hot air ballon print in the same colours. Probably the cotton.

The new work project is off to a very slow start. Already bored but draggin myself to work so that I get paid.

A friend from my teenage years, that I recently reconnected with on Facebook, was in town to see family last week (from New Brunswick) so we got together for a couple hours. Was great to see her again and reminisce about the Good ole days.

After much searching I finally found a nice wool fall coat. It was getting too cool for my spring jacket and not cold enough for my winter coat. Of course once my new coat arrived (I ordered it from Sears), it warmed up a bit again.

Peanut has decided to become deaf. She no longer responds to Come. I let her out in the back yard to do her business and then call her. She will come close and then zip off again. She zings all around the yard (including through the mud patch) but will not come to me. Even treats will not entice her.

I finally have to go outside and then usually she will zip past me into the house, muddy paws and all. I think I have to start taking her out on her lead again for awhile.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

For the past couple of years I've been making my own pumpkin puree and it taste so much better. I know that in the can it's 100% pumpkin but it's been sitting in a can for how long..... I've never roasted the seeds though. Should try it. I still have three pumpkins to puree and freeze for the winter. I only make pumpkin pie twice a year - Thanksgiving and Christmas and maybe at Easter.

That Peanut is a riot !!!! so funny.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...