Tuesday 12 May 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday - Pre Mixing Omelettes



Now that I am (finally) returning to work, I have to get used to a new busy morning routine.

  • I have to get up at 5 am.
  • Take Peanut out to do her business
  • Feed Peanut
  • Shower, do make-up, do hair and dress
  • Make & eat breakfast
  • Get picked up at 5:45 am.

So...you see I have a lot to do. I have to eat a decent breakfast or I will end up grabbing something unhealthy on the way to or at work. The commute is approx. a hour and a half.

So what I will do the night before is mix 2 eggs, 2 egg whites, chopped green onion, diced turkey bacon, chopped cilantro and some salt and pepper into a tupperware with lid, give it a quick whip and place in the fridge. I have to make lunches the night before anyway, so this one added thing won't take long.

After doing my make-up in the morning, I will come downstairs, set a pan sprayed with cooking spray on a low heat, take the tupperware out of the fridge, give it a good shake and pour into the pan. By the time I go back upstairs dress and come back it should be almost cooked and ready to go. If I am in a big rush, I can wrap it in parchment paper and eat it in the car.

But this definitely saves me time mixing and chopping on a busy morning.

For more Kitchen tips, pop over to Tammy's place.

1 comment:

SnoWhite said...

what a great idea! Sure makes mornings easier.

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...