Thursday 14 May 2009

Ultimate Recipe Swap - Romantic Meals


This is a repost from last summer, but I think it would make a nice romantic meal.


My tip today is two great recipes - one I found online,and one I created/modified myself.


I found this great Meat Stuffed Pasta Shell recipe and just had to give it a try - it was fabulous!

I modified the recipe slightly, I added fresh chopped baby spinach to the top of the meat stuffed shells, sprinkled Parmesan cheese on each, spooned sauce on each and then a bit of grated mozzarella cheese last. I also skipped the parsley and red wine because I didn't have any.

Note: I bought the jumbo shells. The recipe made about 23 filled shells. Enough for 3 adults and 1 child for dinner, plus two adult lunches. 4 shells is all I could eat - and I CAN eat :)


With it I made my version of bruschetta - recipe follows.


Bruschetta (I don't have measurements - I wing it - sorry)
  • Diced roma tomatoes
  • finely chopped garlic
  • chopped cilantro (basil is traditional)
  • small glug olive oil
  • small glug balsamic vinegar
  • finely diced red onion (I leave this out because I don't like them and just sprinkle them on DH's pcs at the end)
  • salt & pepper
  1. Mix it all together and put in fridge at least an hour before needed - longer is better.
  2. I cut thick slices of Italian bread, brushed them with chopped garlic and olive oil and then had DH grill them lightly.
  3. Top with bruschetta mix (drain the juices before putting on the toast) and then crumble feta over.

I added a salad to round out the meal - it was a winner!

Even my picky "I hate pasta" father in-law loved it.

6 comments:

Kirstin said...

Yum! That all looks soooo good. I love stuffed shells. I found a recipe on Paula Deens site for chicken stuffed shells. I might have actually posted it on my blog now that I think about it.

Waitress from Mensa said...

Great recipes, and your bruschetta recipe looks like a real treat. Definitely something to try.

About quilting, I had the squares all cut and sewn for a traditional 9-patch, but when I saw your disappearing 9-patch, I just had to try it. Results will be posted on my blog this fall, once I get the interior home renovation out of the way and can again access my sewing machine.

FishMama said...

These look great. It's been awhile since I made them. Did you know this freezes really well, too? Thanks for linking up!

SnoWhite said...

those shells and the bruschetta look so tasty!

Melissa said...

That looks like a delicious dinner!

TheRoosterChick said...

How many ways can I say yummm...

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...