Sunday 17 May 2009

Holiday Weekend

This weekend is a long one for those of us in Canada. Monday is Victoria Day.

Happy Victoria day Canada :)

On Friday my sister and I went shopping. I was in dire need of some new business clothes. Luckily the store I frequent (Penningtons) was having a great sale. I ended up with 3 pair of pants, 5 tops, underwear and my sister talked me into a dress and shrug (the dress is sleeveless and I don't do sleeveless). So I'm set clothes-wise for going back to work Tuesday.


Last night I had friends over for dinner. I did a tasting meal - meaning, I made several entrees but only smaller portions so we could taste many things. I like this way of trying out recipes.

And I absolutely forgot to take pictures of the food! I only remembered at dessert - so you can see a lovey shot of our fruit salad :)

  • Next came the Stuffed Pasta Shells & Bruschetta that mentioned in my last post. We all enjoyed these as well. I will make these again.
  • After that we had a Thai chicken satay with peanut sauce which was probably the worst dish of the evening but still not horrible. We all did not like the sauce but ate the chicken. I won't make these again but will try a different chicken satay recipe.
  • With the chicken, I served my mixed greens salad with walnuts, feta cheese, roasted red peppers and balsamic vinaigrette. We all liked this as well.
  • Even though we only had small portions of all of these foods, we were pretty stuffed, so the dessert of fresh pineapple, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and grapes in honey & lemon had to wait a couple hours.

We had a wonderful time eating and being with good friends. My friend lives just down the road, so we sent J over there and she got pizza for him and her kids - so we all had a kid free evening too :)

***********************************************************************************

In other news...my baby Peanut is one year old today! :)

My adorable googly-eyed baby :)

***********************************************************************************

So tomorrow is the last day before I start back to work after a LONG time off.
I have to get all my stuff organized and lunches made and dinners planned etc...

Mostly I have to get my mind in gear and ready to wake up at 5 am Tuesday morning Urg!

2 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Good luck today Kim.

Kim said...

Thanks Vickie :)

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...