Tuesday 10 June 2008

Works for me Wednesday - Better than Bacon



This week I am recommending you try Piller's Better Than Bacon ham slices.

I don't buy real bacon very often because I love it and will eat an entire package. I buy it occasionally to add to dishes.

I do however, like to have meat with a nice big breakfast once in awhile. I tried and disliked turkey bacon. Then I found Piller's Better than bacon ham slices.

You can have 3 slices of this stuff for only 50 calories and 1 gram of fat. I usually cut the slices in half to fit them in the frying pan easier and we end up each only eating 4 halves, so only 2 full slices.

These work for me. Give them a try!

For more Works for me Wednesday tips, go here.

UPDATE: I wanted to clarify, this is a pork product but it isn't bacon - it is ham - but it is still yummy!

6 comments:

mommanator said...

I will look for them, don't know if they have em in the US, always looking for something new with less calories!

Sarah W. said...

If it is made with bacon, it's mine for the taking....is my mantra. Not really, but I love bacon. I will have to try this!

World's Greatest Mommy said...

I'll try it. I'm a recovering bacon addict. I can do turkey bacon... but it's not as fun.

Julo said...

I have one wildly wonderful annoying son, too, (my brilliant firstborn) :)

I clicked on this post over at Rocks in My Dryer because I wondered, "What could possibly be better than bacon??"

Could you use it interchangeably in recipes that call for bacon??

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow Ontarion? Ontarionian? Ontarioist?

Before kids, my husband and I would fry a pound of bacon, eat half of it off the paper towel and make what was left into fat sandwiches slathered with mayo and butter. It's a wonder I'm alive still!

I didn't like the turkey-pretend bacon either. I have put this stuff on the grocery list for Sobey's this weekend, and will let you know how it works with the husbandless, three-kid crowd.

Drop by and say hi!

marigold said...

LOL, when I read the title of this post, I immediately thought "It's Sizzlean!" Do you remember those commercials? No? Um, anyway, my husband loves bacon but doesn't eat ham (weirdo) but we like turkey bacon too. I have never heard of the "better than" you've described here! Low-cal bacon type stuff sounds cool!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...