Tuesday 17 June 2008

Kitchen Tips Tuesday - Smoothies



Smoothies are a great way to get your fruits in, veggies too if you are adventurous.

If I have fresh fruit on hand, I love to whip up a pitcher of smoothies to drink during the day. They are refreshing and nutritious.

You can pretty much add any fruit you want. I even once added fresh baby spinach and it was good! Adding a bit of liquid or even yogurt helps it all puree.

This day I added fresh strawberries, fresh pineapple, watermelon, frozen blueberries, frozen raspberries and orange juice.

Yummy!

For more Kitchen Tip - stop by Tammy's Recipes.

4 comments:

Kirstin said...

Hi Kim,
My family loves smoothies. Especially my oldest daughter. We finally used our Costco rebate check and bought a Vita-mix. We have put cabbage in our smoothies and you can't really tell.

Tammy said...

I love, love, love fruit smoothies!!!

mommanator said...

OMG that looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yummmm!

Jean

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...