Monday 12 July 2010

Chicken breasts with Asparagus Mushroom Alfredo Pasta

Ya say that 5 times fast :P

Just a thrown together recipe I made one night that we all really liked.

I slice the chicken breast in half instead of poinding them flat - I always find if I pound them they still tend to shrink up too fat again.

Well seasoned flourSaute coated chicken breasts in oil until crispy & cooked through
Alfredo sauce - jar of sauce, add 1/2 C milk, 2 oz cream cheeze,
whatever seasonings I feel like, heat & stir until smooth


At some point I also put spaghettini on to cook.

Slice up some mushrooms
Some shallots
Some asparagus
Saute vegs in EVOO until asparagus is tenderish

Once pasta is cooked, drain and mix with alfredo sauce

Plate chicken, some pasta and top with veggie mix
(I didn't mix the veggies in because the kid is picky and
only eats the pasta with sauce), but you could mix them in.
Fresh chives from the garden chopped and sprinkled on top :)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...