Friday 16 July 2010

Malibu Hurricane - My Fav Summer Drink

I copied this from a drink I had at Red Lobster one time...

The only problem with this drink, is that it goes down FAR too easily and if you don't watch it...you will need to be carried in from the patio...not like I know that from experience or anything :P

Large glass
Ice
1.5 oz coconut rum
splash of grenedine
orange juice & pineapple juice almost to top of glass (I mix these together before hand in a large pitcher)
slash of Southern Comfort to top of drink
Pretty coloured straw (it's a summer drink - you MUST have a straw!)

Once you have the drink, use the straw to mix it up - so you don't get a mouthful of Southern Comfort and to make the the grenedine rise and make it look pretty :)

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh wow. The Malibu Hurricane looks so pretty and sounds delicious. I could see where it might go down a bit too easy. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gill - That British Woman said...

that looks yummy, shame I don't drink anything with alcohol in it.

Gill

Vickie LeBlanc said...

WOW, that drink looks yummy. I bought all the ingredients tonight. Will be drinking a few of these tomorrow night at a patio party.

dtroupe said...

You gotta have a couple of these, they are GREAT!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...