Thursday 15 July 2010

Hi my name is Kim and I am a procrastinator

I am a VERY good procrastinator. I often wonder why I am like this - once I actually tackle a task, and I realize how easy it is, I can't figure out why I put it off.

I don't drive...now you know why :)

I often browse food blogs and think, wow I should make THAT! I jot down the recipe and never think of it again. You know how many recipes I have scribbled all over the place?

Bananas usually go bad on me before I can eat them all (don't know why I don't buy less) and so I have a freezer full of dead bananas that I plan to turn into muffins one day. My family LOVES banana muffins - I could make them every week and no one would get sick of them...so why don't I?

I decided to get off my butt and make banana chocolate chip muffins today. And...here's the important part...

I also mixed up 3 more bags of the dry mix! Again, I don't know why I don't do this more often. I just lined uip 4 bowls on the counter and dished up the dry ingredients into each - then put 3 of them into ziplock bags.


Now whenever I have the urge (or lots of bananas) to make muffins, I just have to dump the dry mix into a bowl, add 1 egg, 2 Cups of fruit (banana or pumpkin), 1/3 C oil and some vanilla - and then pop them in the oven. A couple minutes worth of work (not like it takes much longer from scratch).


I think we will be having muffins way more often now :)

I used this recipe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gill - That British Woman said...

that is a great idea, I need to do that..........

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...