Monday 17 May 2010

Camp & Cuba

Well J survived his weekend Cadet survival camp.

Of course, he came home in the exact same clothes he left in. He didn' t use much of what was packed (based on the list they gave us), he ate army rations all weekend, therefore came home starving :).

They were given sleeping bags and a large tarp to string between trees to serve as a tent (good thing it didn't rain :))

He had a great time :)

We went this morning and submitted our passport applications (J & I) and booked our trip.

Cuba in July!

We are going to Melia Las Dunas in Cayo Santa Maria - it is a 4.5 star resort and less than 5 yrs old.

5 comments:

Vickie LeBlanc said...

Dave and I want to get passports. They are good to have on hand in case we decide to go to Maine in September...

Gill - That British Woman said...

Lucky you going away, I think we'll be staying at home again this year!!

Thanks for the link regarding the scorching, I will test it out after quilt club today.....

Gill

Gill - That British Woman said...

Dh got the piece on the tractor welded and is hoping ot get it put back together today. It is only a year old, but with it being Sears, I have no idea what the warranty covers?

Gill

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gill - That British Woman said...

thanks for the quotes, I am thinking of posting the forward I have written for the book tomorrow, so you'll see what quote I chose.

Gill

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...