Wednesday 5 May 2010

Works For me Wednesday - Backwards Edition


This week's WFMW is a backward edition where I get to ask all of you helpful blog readers for assistance with a problem.

Well it's not a problem really. Since I have been trying to lose weight, I have been experimenting with different recipes.

I have found some I love (Kalyn's Taco Salad recipe) and some that were not so great.

So I am asking anyone reading, what are some of your favourite healthy lower fat recipes? They don't have to be low-carb.

I am getting tired of the same ol same ol, yanno?

So if you can help me out with a get recipe (or a link to one), it would be much appreciated :)

For more Backward WFMW, pop over to We Are That Family.

3 comments:

Larissa Smith said...

Fill a baking dish with chicken and veggies. Pour Italian dressing over it all and bake. Yum!

Season and bake chicken, then top with avocado and swiss slices. Melt cheese.

Slice, season and bake tomatoes, then serve over pasta. (Can find recipes online, similar to this one: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Tomatoes-Oregano/Detail.aspx)

Stir fry is always a hit, with your choice of meat, broccoli, water chestnuts, bell pepper, etc. Soy sauce or teriyaki sauce give lots of flavor without many calories.

Almost any pureed veggie soup made with vegetable broth and olive oil is tasty and healthy.

'Becca said...

High fiber is supposed to help with weight loss, and it definitely helps you feel full. Raisin Bran Bread is nutritious with NO fat; if you want to spread something on it, it's great with almond butter which has lots of nutrition along with the calories.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I would go to RecipeZaar and look up recipes by calorie count/fat. There are a LOT!! :D

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...