Wednesday 12 December 2007

Works for me Wednesday - Simpifying Christmas Giving

Call me Scrooge whatever - I have 6 children/teens that I buy for each Christmas - I used to do the Scholastic route and get them all really really cool books at great prices through Scholastic and earn my son's classroom Scholastic points as well.....but well the kids just didn't find the books as cool as I did. They are not all into reading as much as my son and I are.

Trying to find something to buy them that they a) would like, b) didn't already have, c) I could afford has become increasingly difficult.

So this year I bought them all gift cards for the "We have everything store" (otherwise known as WalMart).

This way they can go spend their bucks on something they really want and I have less stuff to wrap :D

This year with the new house and so much going on - I would much rather focus on get-togethers with friends and family instead of more "stuff".

So that is what Works for Me today - for more inspiring ideas, check out Rocks in my Dryer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found you via WFMW. Glad I did.

Stacey said...

i request gc's! i think it is so much easier on both sides! that way i never have to pretend to like something!

Grungy Gretchen Flip-Thru

This is a flip-through of a recently completed journal of mine. I call it GG (grungy Gretchen), it is so far from my usual style but I enjoy...